The New Year is officially here, welcome 2015! With the New Year here and so many people making their New Year resolutions, we thought you should make a New Year resolution for a healthier mouth and smile. Here are our top resolutions that you should incorporate into the New Year.
Top Tips for Improving your Dental Care Routine
- Make sure to brush your teeth twice daily, focusing on them mostly after meals and before bedtime.
- You should floss at least once a day to remove all of the plaque and build-up that your tooth brush can’t reach.
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash at least once a day to kill germs and freshen your breath.
- Drink more water than you did in 2014. Water helps to lift food particles from your teeth and it doesn’t damage the enamel on your teeth. If you want to lose weight this year, drinking more water will help with this resolution as well.
- You should reduce the number of sodas, alcoholic beverages, coffee, tea, and dark-colored foods this year. Sodas are very harmful to the enamel on your teeth, think of it as acid eating away at your teeth overtime. Dark-colored beverages stain your teeth, making them yellow and dull.
- To follow up with the previous tip, you should reduce the amount of acidic foods and juices you consume this year. Citrus fruit juices, white wine, and other acidic substances do serious damage to your teeth over time.
- Make sure to see your dentist twice a year for a routine check-up and cleaning. Skipping dental visits can lead to further damage to your teeth if you have any cavities or other oral problems.
- Whiten your teeth this year if your teeth are in a healthy state. If your teeth need dental work or are weak, whitening them may cause further damage. Always check with your dentist before starting a whitening program.